Though the weather was not as cooperative as we might have wished, our first trip out on the boat was a blast!
We got really wet as the storm blew in and the water got choppy... but we also got to go out to the lighthouse, saw many tiny crabs...
and a MANATEE!! (Actually we saw three - but one we got to see really well, the others were just passing white shadows, but we think it was a mother and a calf, so they were pretty neat!)
When we went out again, on another day - we saw lots of dolphins! There were a pod of 6 that were jumping and being crazy -- it was mating season and they were showing off their big pink bellies! I have a couple of pics here, but mostly took video of these that I haven't edited or dealt with yet...

The older kids (and cousins and some grown ups) got into the water, but again, the storms chased us back to shore ..
Oh and gators, of course, we saw some gators, too.
More to come!

SO Jealous! What a fun trip! I am a sucker for any cetacean so any time I get anywhere near a dolphin or whale, I am a happy person. I used to live about an hour from SeaWorld in San Antonio and I practically lived there. :)
ReplyDelete