Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Today, he is SIX!

Today my Little Guy turned 6. Six seems so big. And I feel so disconnected from myself when I realize that this puts five behind me forever. Five is my favorite. My kids were great fives.

Let's travel quickly through time:

I took this pic on his first birthday, look at those chubby cheeks and sweet little legs!


And here's #2! Look at his little bare feet. So sweet!



 If you look closely at his third birthday picture, you will notice a superhero cape tucked behind his back. This was the year he loved Wonder Pets and made us call him Ming-Ming.


And here he is on his 4th birthday -- the obsession at this time was all things TRAINS, and especially that railroad engineer cap he is wearing. He got it from the Santa train and wore it DAILY.



Here was his fifth birthday -- the cowboy boots were his favorite thing!
And here we are today... at SIX!
See his watch? He wears it everywhere, all the time. He takes it off to shower and puts it back on for bed. He checks it constantly and tells us the time. I love that little elastic band crawling in geckos.

And I love that Little Guy.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to the young one! I hope he has a lovely day.

    Re your comment on my blog about NL - I believe you mean you drove through New Brunswick which has a Saint John and is right next to Maine. To get to Newfoundland, you have to take a 6-8 hr ferry from North Sydney NS across the gulf to Port aux Basques, and then drive 11-12 hours to get to St John's. (Or the 12-16 hr ferry ride directly to the Avalon coast). But that's good news! Now you have Newfoundland to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome cutie you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tradition of taking the picture in the rocking chair! Can you even imagine having a picture of him holding his own son, in that chair? It might happen some day, my friend. Watch out...
    Thanks so much for the thoughtful comment on my post today. I struggle so much with emotions on this week of the year. Your encouragement brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.

    judy

    ReplyDelete