Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

I would sing you an Easter song but the only ones I can think of are a) one in Russian and b) In Your Easter Bonnet, with all the frills upon it... which seems inappropriate as I am bonnetless. and I guess the Hallelujah Chorus. (Oh and I was listening to Bach's Easter Oratorio on the radio earlier today. So beautiful.)

ANYWAY! It's Easter! And it's been a good one. We went to sleep last night with heavy snow fall, but since it had been warm only a dusting survived the night, and then it rained on the snow and it was gone. It has been raining a lot today - which is a blessing as we are in need of rain.

So, on to some pictures.

Last year we made hot cross buns - the process was fab, the product was blah. So we skipped that this year. But we did dip some eggs, and the boys also tried out coloring on the hot eggs with wax crayons.


This morning, upon waking the Little Guy discovered a note from the Easter Bunny (which he read perfectly) informing him that there were 18 eggs hidden in the living room, dining room and kitchen. He had a private Easter Egg hunt.

Later when we returned home from a visit to my aunt's house (at which the small cousins tackled the small Uncle and beat him soundly with foam swords) and collecting the older boys, it was time for Easter baskets!

After a tasty dinner, we wrapped our evening by watching Independence Day.

Overall a pretty nice holiday.

1 comment: