Sunday, September 18, 2011

Ruby Anniversary

For their 40th Anniversary, my parents had a quiet party at home - a little cake, some friends and family. It was very relaxed.
This Layout started out rough. I put the papers and the photos together (there was a sketch, but I don't remember whose!!! SO SORRY!) and then, I  just got STUCK. I stared at it. I laid stuff with it. Nothing clicked. Finally, I set it aside.
I picked it back up the other day and realized that the things it needed were RED (For the RUBY anniversary, of course) and BLING. I started putting those things together and finally was finding my way! The flowers are Petaloo, the papers and ribbons are Imaginesce: To Love & Cherish.
In the end, I'm pretty pleased.

4 comments:

  1. i love your final 'red' touches.. they're perfect for the page! please tell them I said CONGRATULATIONS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, the red makes it pop! & 40 yrs wow that's such a blessing!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, you have been busy, your layout is a precious memory to treasure, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet and beautiful page. Really just perfect. Those photos are priceless

    ReplyDelete