Monday, June 27, 2011

Disney Scrapping!

This month, we've begun challenges again at DisneyScrappers (if you love to scrap things Disney related - come and check us out!) DisneylandDiva has just posted our 6th challenge, and I'm WAY behind! But I've just finished pages for challenges #1 and #2.

Challenge #1 was an Under the Sea Challenge! There are many choices for undersea themes at Disney parks -- characters from Little Mermaid and Finding Nemo appear all over the place! My first Challenge #1 page showcases the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage! We were very excited to get the opportunity to enjoy this attraction. The Little Guy loved it!

In addition to the theme, the challenge called for Waves or Bubbles on the layout.
For my layout, I started with one side of  Sketch Savvy's two-page sketch #11. I had seen a number of Nemo themed pages done digitally with portholes around round pics and wanted to reproduce that here in paper! You can't really see these clearly but there are Fancy Pants Summer Soiree waves and bubbles stamps on the page. Plus some bubble details, EK Success Nemo dimensionals... The papers are mostly DCWV Endless Summer Stack and a little Colorbok cardstock. I was actually really happy with how this came together!

For Challenge #2, the theme was "Caution! You May Get Wet!" -- there's a lot of places in the parks where you can get good and wet! My page focuses on a spray area in A Bug's Land at California Adventure -- the main Bug's Land spray area is called "Princess Dot Puddle Park" but I think the area where these pics were taken might actually be called "Irrigation Station" - but I realized that AFTER I had made the Puddle Park page and darn it, I like the little Princess Dot! So... that is the way it will stay! The extra challenge beyond the theme for this one was to use red or orange and a circle element.

For this one, the paper is K & Company . The sketch is, again, from Sketch Savvy #58 I am seriously addicted to Susan's beautiful sketches! I could not resist these EK Success/Jolees Dimensionals - the pill bugs are from one, and the Princess Dot is from another. The Alphas are Basic Grey and Sassafrass, and there's a random bit of Cosmo Cricket Jack's World in there, too!  Plus more bubbles and bling!

I am so happy that I ordered my Disneyland prints JUST in time for the restart of Tammi's FABULOUS Disney challenges, and I'd love to invite you to join us!

2 comments:

  1. Adorable pages! You make me want to go scrap my old Disney pictures from two decades ago! LOVE the portholes you made in that first page--so clever!

    Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. Made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the details on your page -- that creased ribbon with Dory & the little bugs!! I hope to get some Disney scrapbooking done ... but I'm backlogged to 12/09, and have no clue when I'll catch up!

    ReplyDelete