It's been a while since I've posted just for the purpose of posting.
Part of that is because well... I've done nothing of note lately.
Life has been quiet and boring, and I've been boring and quiet (for me).
I keep planning to spend a day scrapbooking, I planned halfheartedly to do it today. Instead I did very little ... Read, worked on laundry, bandaged boo-boos from which my four year old claimed "All my blood is coming out!" (reality = it was a few drops). And was remarkably lazy.
Spent some time this afternoon with my middle son discussing the fundamentals of storytelling, in preparation for some homework -- he was complaining that he didn't have enough to say on a topic which he can certainly discuss endlessly. Strangely, he was excited to do homework, because he has a 'new' desk (thank you freecycle-guy!).
At some point I realized that I've been calling MLK Day president's day for the last several weeks. I feel like I've lost some loose grip on the season. Winter is here, sort of. It's in the forties and fifties out there, I want snow. Little winter birds continue to flock to our birdfeeders, despite the omnipresent threat of the neighbor's cat. (I think she got another bird, again. They disappeared for a couple of days). And yet the days just seem adrift. I think I need something 'to look forward to', some anticipation... and I don't have it yet. Oh my motivation, where have you gone?
The month ahead looks like a lot of endless busywork. Clean, Cook, Do Laundry, Run endless errands with children, attend hours-long wrestling meets til my rear is sore from hard bleachers. And that's it.
Spring is far away. I'm too lazy to even finish putting the Christmas stuff away.
No comments:
Post a Comment