Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Reading!

No, not the kids -- though they are working on the Summer Reading Program at the local library...

ME!

What have I been reading?

Well, a little bit of everything. Here's a glimpse at some of it but this isn't all... I've had some good reading time the last month or so!

First off on the Sci Fi front -- I DEVOURED  John Scalzi's Old Man's War books! Old Man's War, The Ghost Brigade, The Last Colony, Zoe's Tale and Sagan Diary.... there will be more Scalzi in my soon-to-read. I'm saving Redshirts for my upcoming trip to Washington DC. I read the four chapter preview and it took discipline to decide to wait!



In non-fiction land... 
AJ Jacobs -- I love this guy! (If you haven't read the Year of Living Biblically I highly recommend it!!!) His new book "Drop Dead Healthy" was really interesting -- I didn't love it as much as his previous books but I still read it in less than two days, so yeah... pretty good!


 The Unlikely Disciple: A Sinner's Semester at America's Holiest University by Kevin Roose. Once upon a time Kevin was AJ's slave (err... unpaid intern -- did I mention you should read Year of Living Biblically?) and with AJ as a mentor experimental writing was bound to come along and this book was thoughtful and heartfelt!

Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White by David Barton... Wow very readable. Fascinating stuff.

Elizabeth the Queen: Life of a Modern Monarch really enjoyed this!!

Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim. Unbelievably readable. Seriously addictive. Amazing book. I shocked myself by how quickly I read it and how much I adored it.



On Audio with the Little Guy, while Muppet Boy read his own copy on his Nook while out of town... Kingdom Keepers: Disney After Dark. You already know that I am an enormous Disneyphile. I have no idea why I waited so long to read this book but I sure enjoyed it and sharing it with my kids.

So, What have you been reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment