Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Pretty Paper party prompt one

I'm going to post some of my Pretty Paper Party pages here.... The class is focused on using your stash of paper to make fantastic new pages. I'm not following a theme, I'm not making an album of special PPP pages, I'm just digging through my regular photo sorter to find photos to work with and going at it! I hope to complete a minimum of two pages per prompt (We're nine prompts in and I've worked on prompts 1 & 2 so far) . The only online class I've ever been really successful with before was Journal Your Christmas and I think it's because I had a specific expectation for outcome, so hopefully by setting a more specific goal, I can harness some of that spirit here! (Although I've taken other specific classes and not ended up with a complete project!)

One of the great things in Shimelle's classes is the indepth, photo filled, conversational prompts. I am going to say "Prompt #1 dealt with using strips of scrap paper" but that is SOOOOOOOOOOO oversimplifying all the fabulous materials shared, including wonderful sketches!

So here are two - strip-laden pages for Prompt 1:
One of the things we talked about in the prompt was mixing paper lines... which I totally haven't done on any of the pages I've done yet! Need to work on that! These papers are part of the giant lot of Scenic Route that I bought when they announced they were going out of business! I think there are multiple lines from the same manufacturer represented here, doesn't that count for something? And the Alphas are BG and Sass!

These photos of the Little Guy at Krispy Kreme crack me up - as the journalling states - We don't have a Krispy Kreme! So visiting the one in Denver is a big treat.

Again, its all BG, though multiple Lines. (with some Crate paper details and CTMH stamps)
This photo is of Oldest from 2007!!! Why do I have a four year old photo in my photo sorter?? I think I intended to eventually pull out the certificates and scrap those too! I never did that so it just sat in my binder. Better to have the photo without the certs in the scrapbook than neither!

9 comments:

  1. I just signed up for this class!! I'm late to the party but it looks like so much fun and I really need to use up some patterned paper :)
    I love how you are approaching the class and you have some fun layouts so far! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome LOs and a great way to dig through the stash of pictures we all have laying around. Sounds like a great class!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, also love Krispy Kremes, LOL, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey! thankyou for stopping by at my blog :) the class is so much fun, isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree - it's always better to have the photos in the album - but I have so many to get there! Well done on the mixing up of lines, your LOs look great. I'm really enjoying the class too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will have to check that one out. LOVING those sass alphas! I forgot about those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love blue and yellow and blue together and how cute is your little son at the doughnut shop! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the honor roll, gotta love that and of course those papers are great! I was LOL at the Krispy Kreme page because I have photos of my son there about a year ago and his photos are not nearly that cute. Great paper choices! I always love lots of pp strips

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I need to do some scraplifting. I really like the pattern paper strips. I've got some pics of Alexandra that are crying out to be scrapbooked. I'm sure you're stunned. ;)

    ReplyDelete