Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A few misc. pages

So, Saturday afternoon, while DH was gaming I sat down with a box of photos, opened several sketch blogs on my browser and a couple of sketch books on the table and went through and selected a bunch of sketches to go with photos I was looking forward to working on... still have a lot of these to do, though. Still whipped out 9 layouts in one evening and a couple of hours the next day so it was a good strategy to start with...
I've had this random photo, of a book left open on Middle Child's bed from last year, in my stash for a while I knew what I wanted to journal about it but didn't know how to execute it. Then I saw that Dria did a totally cute Harry Potter page using this paper, and I lifted it! Thanks Dria for the inspiration!(Warning, her blog streams music - scroll down and the controls are on the left) That DCWV stack continues to be awesome!

For this 8-photo two pager from Christmas Eve, I used a sketch from the Best of Becky Higgins Sketches (pg. 68), though I changed up the second page... Anyway I had all these pics, but this was a Christmas when the older boys weren't home, which sometimes makes it hard for me to scrap an event. So these totally adorable photos sat unscrapped for far too long! These sweet papers from Stampin' Up totally worked for me. So, not only did I get to use an older idea book and big ol' chipboard alphas -- I also love those glittery deer and snowflakes stickers! Talk about a use-up some stash page!

I challenge you - break out an older idea book from your shelf and put it to use!

Broke out a little stash on this one, too -- see those little cars at bottom left? I knew I'd use them for Pinewood Derby pages someday, when I bought them ... several years ago! and forgot all about them! For this page about building Pinewood Derby cars for Cub Scouts, I used a sketch from Page Maps from May 2010 . The photos I used are slightly larger than the sketch called for but I did 12x12 instead of 8.5x11... otherwise the page is pretty faithful to the sketch. I really felt like the doodled outlines finished this page off!
This last one is too fun. I bought this collection of awesome comic book paper to do a still-undone Incredibles on Ice layout... But I love them so much, I totally had to use them! I started with a sketch from Amy's 4x6 photo blog... fully intending to leave the photos uncropped... then I decided I wanted the big "poof" on the paper to be visible and the photos got cropped. Free Comic Book Day is a GREAT day!

More soon! Have a happy day!

4 comments:

  1. ok I have to comment down here and I hope it works because I tried to comment on the apple picking layout and the BG layout at the top and it just locked up. LOVE all of these pages! They are very cute and although they aren't really your style, I just love that you are getting pages done with photos like that big book and DCWV paper. Its just one photo but it totally tells the story. Copied your recipes because they sound sooo yummy! Great job with all these pages, you are really on a roll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! I love the POOF one. Just such fun colors. So there is a day where someone gives away free comic books? Sorry -- I'm so out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Tam ... in Early May.
    http://www.freecomicbookday.com/

    The different manufacturer's put out special editions just for Free Comic Book Day.

    ReplyDelete